It’s January, the season of new resolutions and commitments. Often exercise is one people put on their goal sheet. At Sunways we believe in moderation. Moderation in everything- and not attempting to stick to any routines that don’t align and make us feel better. That goes for exercise too! Exercise can be fun, increase serotonin, and be a great way to socialize. Below we list 7 exercises that are tailored to seniors but really are for anyone. Like last week, we want to challenge you to try one or two of them this week, and tell us how it went!
- Walking: Taking a leisurely stroll is an important part of staying active. It’s low-impact and can provide a great cardiovascular workout.
- Chair Exercises: If walking is too difficult, chair exercises are a great option. They involve seated exercises for the upper and lower body.
- Strength Training: Incorporating light weights, resistance bands, and other tools into your routine can help to increase muscle strength.
- Yoga: This practice helps to improve balance, flexibility, and strength.
- Tai Chi: This mind-body practice is a gentle form of exercise that can help improve balance and coordination.
- Water Aerobics: Water aerobics can be a great way to get some exercise without putting too much stress on the joints.
- Stretching: Stretching can help to improve flexibility and range of motion. It’s important to do stretching exercises daily to maintain a healthy level of flexibility.
Try one or two of these this week- and tell us on FaceBook here how it went. Wishing you the best of luck with your exercise routine.
Also, if you or a family member is dealing with neurological issues, we are happy to help. We can arm you with resources to keep your loved one safe at home or look at senior living community options to compare. You are not alone. Give us a call. 941-867-0809.